|B.A. B.Ed. Integrated|
|B.A. LLB (Hons.)|
|B.Com. LLB (Hons.)|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Physics|
|B.Sc. B.Ed. Integrated|
|B.Tech - Computer Science & Engineering|
|B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Data Science and Machine Learning (In association with Xebia)|
|B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Digital Transformation Engineering (In association with Xebia)|
|B.Tech - Electronics & Computers|
|B.Tech - Mechanical Engineering|
|Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)|
|BBA (Entrepreneurship & Family Business)|
|BBA (Finance & Accounts) CMA US Integrated|
|BBA (Health Care Management) in association with Cygnus Hospitals|
|BBA (Operations Management with specialization in Supply Chain Management, Logistics & Projects Management)|
|BBA LLB (Hons.)|
|B.Tech (lateral entry) - Computer Science & Engineering|
|B.Tech (lateral entry) - Industrial Engineering and Management|
|B.Tech (lateral entry) - Mechanical Engineering|
|M.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering with specialization in Embedded System & VLSI|
|M.Tech in Computer Engineering|
|M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering|
|Phd Computer Science and Engineering(CSE)|
|Phd Mechanical Engineering|
|Phd Electronics and Communication Engineering|
Academic year 2022-23 for session July 2022
Manav Rachna University is a multidisciplinary & interdisciplinary research driven University. University invite online Applications from the eligible candidates for admission to Doctoral (Ph.D) Programme as per UGC Minimum Standards and Procedures for Awards of M. Phil/ Ph.D Degree Regulations, 2016 dated 05.05.2016 published in the Gazette of India dated 05/07/2016
Applications are invited for Ph.D. programme in Academic year 2022-23 for session July 2022 under following Schools:
- School of Applied Sciences: Department of Physics, Department of Chemistry, and Department of Mathematics.
- School of Engineering: Department of Computer Science & Technology, Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering and Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- School of Management & Commerce: Department of Management & Commerce.
- School of Education & Humanities: Department of Education & Humanities.
- School of Law: Department of Law.
Ph. D Admission Calendar
Advertisement on Website
April 25, 2022 (Monday)
Last Date for e-form filling
August 4, 2022 (Thursday)
Entrance Test and Interview
August 6, 2022 (Saturday)
Declaration of Result
August 18, 2022 (Thursday)
Last date for Fee Payment (Ist Merit List)
August 26, 2022 (Friday)
Last date for Fee Payment (Waiting List)
August 31, 2022 (Wednesday)
Registration and Orientation
September 3, 2022 (Saturday)
Commencement of Course Work Classes
September 3, 2022 (Saturday)
NUMBER OF SEATS AVAILABLE
No. of seats are dynamically contingent upon the number of available supervisors & other learning resources.
No. of Seats Available
School of Engineering
Computer Science and Technology
Electronics & Communication Engineering
School of Management & Commerce
Management and Commerce
School of Applied Sciences
School of Education & Humanities
Education & Humanities
School of Law
Admission to the programme shall be based on merit in entrance test and interview. Entrance Test is of 100 Marks, written test (70 Marks) of 90 minutes duration (MCQs) followed by Interview (30 Marks).
The written test shall comprise two sections, each with 50% weightage:
- Section A – Research Methodology and Aptitude (Logical Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, Numerical Ability, Statistics).
- Section B – Subject Specific.
The candidates who have qualified UGC- NET (including JRF)/ UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/ SLET/ GATE/ M. Phil. are exempted from written test.
- Applications for admission to Ph.D programmes shall be invited through an open advertisement bi-annually, in April and November for pre-determined intake under each School.
- Applications shall be screened by a Scrutiny Committee constituted by the concerned Department. All the eligible candidates shall have to appear in a written test to be organized by MRU as per guidelines of UGC, followed by an interview to be conducted by Department Research Committee (DRC).
- Non Resident Indian (NRI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals may be admitted to the program in accordance with the policy guidelines laid down by the Government of India.
- The value of Research Assistantship will be Rs. 20,000/- p.m. for a full time Ph.D for initial two years and Rs. 24,000/- p.m. for third year.
Eligibility for Ph.D. Programmes
The admission to the Ph.D. programme would strictly be done on the basis of UGC M. Phil/Ph.D. Regulations 2016 and subsequent amendments dated 27th August and 16th October 2018. An applicant possessing any of the following qualifications shall be eligible to apply for admission to a Ph.D. programme of the University:
- Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Relaxation of marks in minimum eligibility shall be given as per UGC Regulation, 2016.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D programme.
Important Instructions for Candidates
- In order to apply for Ph.D in the University, the payment for processing is to be made electronically. Keep the details regarding e-banking/Credit card/ Debit card etc. ready.
- Fill in the details and click on Next to proceed.
- Fields marked with * are mandatory.
- Already Registered users can login again.
- Form fee is Rs 1200 + 72 (Transaction/Service Charge) = Rs 1272/- and is non-refundable.
For any query, please call at 0129-4259000 or mail
AREAS OF EXPERTISE AVAILABLE IN THE DEPARTMENTS
Substantial research is being undertaken in the various Schools. In an endeavour to carry forward the research impetus, the University offers full time Ph.D. programmes. Broadly, the research activities are going on in the following main areas:
- Computer Science & Technology:- Artificial Intelligence, Pattern Recognition, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Big Data Analysis, Block chain Technology, Search Engine and Hidden Web, Education Technology, Green Computing, Soft Computing, Genetic Algorithms, Communication Systems & Networks, Network Security, Computational Models & Optimization.
- Electronics &Communication:- Antenna Design, Affordable healthcare devices, Human machine interaction, Digital filter design, Computer Vision and Image Processing, Digital Hardware Design for Biomedical Instruments, VLSI Design, Power System Analysis, Internet of Things, Embedded System Design, Wireless Communication, Energy Harvesting, Solar Cells.
- Mechanical Engineering:- Tribology-Thin Film Lubrication (EHL/micro-EHL), Wear Phenomena, Friction and (scuffing) Failure Phenomena, Solar Energy and its Applications, Turbo-machines, Thermal Engineering, Fluid Mechanics
- Management:- Finance, Management, Accounting Strategy, Marketing, Human Resources, Organizational Behaviour, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Banking, Insurance, Green Management, Entrepreneurship, Consulting.
- Physics:- Electronic Structure Calculations, Simulation of Laser-Plasma acceleration, Photonics: short radiation pulse Generation, Laboratory Astrophysics Simulation, Ionospheric Physics, Nanotechnology, Nanoscience, Multiferroics materials, Spintronics, Organic Solar Cells and Solid State Physics
- Mathematics:– Algebra, Analysis, Ring Theory, Differential Geometry, Coding Theory, Wavelets, Approximation Theory, Fluid Mechanics, Mathematical Modelling, Operations Research.
- Chemistry:- Green Chemistry- green synthesis of biofuels, Heterocyclic Compounds, Electrochemical Batteries, Water Detoxification, Corrosion, Heavy Metal Toxicity, Polymer Chemistry, Composites Polymer electrolytes, Superabsorbent Polymers/Hydrogels, Catalysis, Molecular Modelling, Detoxification by Natural Adsorbents.
- Education:- Assessment and Evaluation, Educational Psychology, E-learning, School management and administration, Curriculum development, Value Education, Innovative Pedagogies, Research-Based Teacher Education, Peace & Sustainability.
- Law:- International Arbitration, Corporate Law, Intellectual Property Rights Law, Human Rights, Constitutional Law, Public Law and Policy, Crime and Criminology, Trade Law, Business Law, Competition Law.
CLASSIFICATION OF APPLICANTS
- Regular candidate: Research Scholars other than sponsored/self financed and those in receipt of scholarship from other sources i.e. outside universities.
- Academic staff of the university/constituent units: Regular teachers and academic staff of Departments/Constituent Units who are allowed to register for Ph. D.
- Non-academic staff of the university/constituent units: Regular members of non-academic staff of the university and its departments/constituent units who satisfy eligibility qualifications and are allowed to be registered for Ph. D programme.
- Sponsored candidates: The candidates sponsored by an organization/institution/university, which fulfils eligibility qualifications and are allowed to register for Ph.D programme.
- Self-financed candidates: (Indian/ Foreign National/ PIO/ NRI) fulfilling eligibility qualifications/criteria as per the guidelines laid down by the Government of India.
Fees for Ph.D. Programme for Academic year 2022-23, session July 2022
Indian National: (At the time of admission)
Full Time Research Scholar
|Description||Amount in Rs||Remarks|
|Registration Fee||25,000/-||One time, to be paid at the time of registration|
|Course Work Fee||35,000/-||One time, to be paid at the time registration.|
|Semester Fee||35,000/-||To be paid while registering in the beginning of every semester|
|Thesis Evaluation Fee||35,000/-||One time, to be paid at the time of submission of Thesis.|
Following shall be applicable for the faculty and staff of MREI joining the Ph.D program from the session 2020-21:
- Registration Fee: As applicable (one time to be paid at the time of registration).
- Course work fee: Nil
- Research fee: Nil (during 3 years duration of the program on the condition that faculty shall serve the university at least for 3 years after completion of Ph. D)
- Thesis Evaluation fee:As applicable (one time to be paid at the time of submission of the thesis).
- Faculty /staff concern shall be required to sign a surety bond as prescribed on a non-judicial stamp paper.
About Manav Rachna Educational Institutions
Manav Rachna Educational Institutions (MREI) are a name to reckon with across all genres of education. Institutions at MREI -- be it Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies (MRIIRS; formerly MRIU); Manav Rachna University (MRU) formerly known as Manav Rachna College of Engineering; or Manav Rachna Dental College (MRDC, under the ambit of MRIIRS) -- all have the coveted NAAC ‘A’ grade status, catapulting MREI to the big leagues of higher education. MRIIRS and MRU are AICTE approved and offer courses in Engineering, Applied Sciences, Management, Commerce, Business Studies, Humanities, Media, Liberal Arts, Visual Arts, Hospitality & Hotel Administration, Interior Design, Computer Applications, Nutrition & Dietetics, Physiotherapy, Geology, Architecture, Psychology, and many more. MREI also has twelve K-12 schools across the country.
MRIIRS and MRU are members of the prestigious “College Board’s Indian Global Higher Education Alliance”. Both are the members of Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as well. Both the universities have been recognized for their quality education, research culture and record breaking placements by the world’s leading associations such as Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), Business World, Times of India, NIRF, ASSOCHAM, Economic Times, Careers 360, Business Today, India Today, NHRDN, and The Week.
Manav Rachna Dental College is recognized for BDS Degree and MDS Degree by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India and Dental Council of India.
Manav Rachna University (MRU)
Manav Rachna University (MRU) is a leading State Private University (established by Haryana State Legislature Act No 26 of 2014 & under section 2(f) of UGC Act 1956), offering globally relevant education. The University has evolved from Manav Rachna College of Engineering (MRCE, established in 2004). Manav Rachna University is among the Top 2 Emerging Engineering Institutions of India and has been ranked the No. 1 Engineering Institution in India for Research Capability & Placements in the Times Engineering Survey 2021. It is also the Founder Member of the prestigious “College Board’s Indian Global Higher Education Alliance”, and has attained the milestone of 25 h-index in research publications as per Scopus database.
Manav Rachna University has been bestowed with QS I-GAUGE, Overall DIAMOND rating. It has received QS I-GAUGE DIAMOND RATING for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, Faculty Quality, Facilities, and Social Responsibility, and QS I-GAUGE PLATINUM RATING for Employability and Academic Development.
Get Manav Rachna University’s Advantage
The Manav Rachna Panorama